The Binghamton Metropolitan Transportation Study Policy Committee is the BMTS' decision making body. It is broadly representative of the metropolitan area, ensuring that each municipality's views are represented as decisions about transportation investment are made. The Policy Committee must reach consensus on all of its decisions, ensuring that those decisions are truly regional. All Policy Committee meetings are open to the public; people are urged to attend to share their views on transportation issues.
Policy Committee Members
- Michael Marinaccio, Supervisor, Town of Dickinson, Chair
- Mike Roberts, Tioga County Legislature, Vice-Chair
- John Schaffer, Supervisor, Town of Vestal
- Donald Castellucci, Jr. , Supervisor, Town of Owego
- Greg Deemie, Mayor, Village of Johnson City
- Rich David, Mayor, City of Binghamton
- Jason Garnar, County Executive, Broome County
- Linda Jackson, Mayor, Village of Endicott
- Jo Anne Klenovic, Supervisor, Town of Chenango
- Gordon Kniffen, Supervisor, Town of Kirkwood
- Rick Materese, Supervisor, Town of Union
- Michael Baratta, Mayor, Village of Owego
- Jennifer Gregory, Director, Southern Tier East Reg. Planning Development Board
- Marie Therese Dominguez, Commissioner, NYSDOT
- Bob Sweet, Regional Director, Empire State Development
THE NEXT MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 AT 11:00AM.
The Binghamton Metropolitan Transportation Study Planning Committee provides technical oversight of and input to the transportation planning process. Members include professional staff of member municipalities: engineers, planners, and public works officials. The Planning Committee reviews all transportation plans and programs before they are sent to the Policy Committee for consideration.
Planning Committee Members
- Robert Bennett, P.E., Director of Public Works, Johnson City, Chair
- Vernon Myers, P.E., Town Engineer, Town of Vestal, Vice-Chair
- Raymond Standish, P.E., City Engineer, City of Binghamton
- John Paddock, Commissioner of Public Works, City of Binghamton
- Louis Caforio, Commissioner of Public Works, Town of Union
- Pamela Eshbaugh, P.E., Planning & Program Manager, NYSDOT Region 9
- Beth Lucas, Acting Director of Planning & Economic Development, Broome County
- Leslie Boulton, P.E., Commissioner of Public Works, Broome County
- Alex Urda, P.E., Town Engineer, Town of Chenango
- Cameron Williams, Village of Endicott
- Greg Kilmer, Commissioner of Public Transportation, Broome County
- Ron Lake, P.E ,Town Engineer, Town of Dickinson
- Elaine Jardine, Director of Planning, Tioga County
- JoAnn Lindstrom, Planning & Zoning Administrator, Town of Owego
- Brian Coddington, Highway Superintendent, Town of Conklin
- Gary Hammond, P.E., Commissioner of Public Works, Tioga County
THE NEXT MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 2, 2021 AT 1:30PM.
PEDESTRIAN & BICYCLIST ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Pedestrian & Bicycle Advisory Committee is comprised of representatives from local agencies with stake in pedestrian and bicyclist transportation. Members represent agencies including NYSDOT, the Broome County Planning Department, the Southern Tier Independence Center, as well as local bicyclist clubs. The committee meets monthly to discuss best practices, local issues, and solutions.
THE NEXT MEETING IS JULY 12, 2021 @ 1:30 PM. Please see the information to join the Zoom Meeting Below:
Meeting ID: 980 4670 2623 | Passcode: 314901 | or Dial By Location: 646 558 8656 US (New York)